Benny's World

Friday, November 19, 2004

JRE & Elizabeth with Katie Couric

Yesterday, I watched JRE and Elizabeth on the "Today" show. It was so sweet to watch those two, and to hear JRE as they talked about his feelings towards his wife's illness. He made a little faux paux by saying "they are connected at the breastbone," in which Elizabeth lovingly giggled and said, "I don't think we can say that anymore" and then he said, "Oh, I'm used to saying that. We'll have to fix that" and smiled. It was clear that man understood his priorities: his family. I also appreciated hearing that Senator Kerry called Elizabeth every day during the last few days of the campaign, once he learned of her illiness. That's nice.

Like some on JREG, I got the impression that JRE intends to pursue some other public service position, but of his choosing, once Elizabeth is in remission. Click here to see the video (thanks to LF from JREG).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home