Benny's World

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Workin' It in Central Illinois

Today, I worked at the Champaign County booth at the Farmers' Market in Urbana. Urbana is a pretty liberal town, so most of the time, it's very friendly. I have been volunteering mainly to support David Gill, who is running for Congress and from our district 15. This was my 3rd time in the past 6 weeks for volunteering, and a wonderful way to celebrate JRE's week of buzz. I wore the OAC t-shirt designed by NCDem. (Thanks, NCD)

It was great to see two candidates workin' it, and I learned quite a bit about the local politics, as well as some state issues. Of course, I talked quite a bit about JRE and OAC One Corps, something Dems were unfamiliar with.

Finally I have some pics to share.


Steve Beckett, UI Trial Law Professor & Champaign County Board Re-election candidate, District 9, talking with one of his former clients about easement issues










Mike Frerichs, some OAC Supporter (you can tell by the t-shirt), and Steve Beckett.









Mike Frerichs, current Champaign County auditor and candidate for Illinois State Senate. He's very knowledgeable, personable, and tall. (6'6'')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home