Benny's World

Saturday, January 06, 2007

JRE Buzz (38): Time Magazine: The Anti-Clinton

This story came out in Time yesterday, but I just saw it a few minutes ago. Pretty good article overall.

Interesting quote:
Although in 2004 he spoke eloquently of the "Two Americas"--rich and poor--if you looked at the fine print, Edwards backed ideas that originated in the centrist group that created much of Bill Clinton's agenda, the Democratic Leadership Council. Not this time.

My own thought is that if Congress doesn't fix the AMT problem coming up in 2010 (and it looks like they won't, according to the WSJ), then President Edwards would encourage them to do so. Why do I think that? I listened to the November podcast not too long ago, and this was on the list of "to-do's" for Congress.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Benny,
    is AMT, alternative minimum tax? I wasn't sure which AMT you were referring to?

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 1:50 PM  

  • It is exactly what I was talking about.

    Will you be watching JRE on Leno tomorrow night?

    CL, Thanks for stopping by.

    By Blogger benny06, at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home