Benny's World

Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Band: A Thanksgiving Memoir



This is Bob Dylan singing "Forever Young" followed by "Baby Let me Follow you Down". I saw this from the movie "The Last Waltz" (which also took place during Thanksgiving when it was filmed, if I'm not mistaken) in college and it reminds me of my college sweetheart when we saw it together in the college theater, and loved the film.

When my boyfriend was in the mode of transition to move on, he was torn between those songs in expressing his feelings towards me in writing those lyrics in cards, or pointing out "The Last Waltz" album as he was going on to grad school and I was still a senior. It took us many years to break up, albeit we were sweethearts officially only for 18 months. We had our good and still sad times after our break-up afterwards. It was like watching Abbie and whoever on ER when young.

I still love those songs, think of those times, and now bless my former sweetheart for being insightful, even though the break up was one of toughest in our lives. It was hard on me. I cannot speak if it was harder on him or not. I'm guessing it was at the time, but goodness, the aftermath was longer in the tooth for me.

Not preferring to end this post on a negative note, so I will just say that "Forever Young" is a good song to wish anyone well. It is a timeless song. Good job, Bob.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home