Benny's World

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Elizabeth Edwards on Time's Person of the Year Panel


Apparently it is today.

"..a panel of distinguished guest including Elizabeth Edwards, Seth Meyers, Suze Orman, John Slattery (Roger Sterling!), and Brian Williams will discuss who most deserves to be named Person of the Year. I think we can all assume that 'You' will not be getting a second nod."

My guess is that Barack Obama is a shoo-in.

(h/t Fishbowl NY)

Update: Apparently the discussion was more about the road ahead for Barack Obama. Here's what Elizabeth opined (courtesy of CNET):

The road out of the economic crisis is "not a refund check...not more houses with more flat-screen TVs...(but) bridges that work and schools that inspire students."
--Elizabeth Edwards




Apparently Brian Williams agreed. Interesting.

UPDATE: video link from Time videos. Seth Myers stole the show.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • How weird! I met Suze Orman at a party many years ago because she worked at Merrill Lynch with my girlfriend at the time. Anyway, she told me that she was working on a book about "finance" and I remember wishing her well and figuring that not a lot would come of it.

    I suppose if I'd only know that she'd become a friend of Oprah's...

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 5:51 PM  

  • Suzy is a grad of IL I think, CL.

    How neat that you met her.

    By Blogger benny06, at 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home