1) Pokes losing in Philadelphia yesterday, 44-6 and thus not getting to the playoffs, let alone they were expected early on to go to the Super Bowl
2) Barack Obama's selection of a homophobic preacher to give the invocation to his inaugural
3) John Edwards' denial of an affair from 2006, then having to admit it and now being called a loser (although it was OK for John McCain's spouse and he both to have affairs)
4) Laura Bush getting on national TV (well, Fixed Noise that is) and sounding a lot more presidential than her spouse
5) John McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as a running mate
This diary by Daniel Kurtzman at 236.com brings it altogether.