Benny's World

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Accomplishments at Home: DH Biked 115 Miles

Yesterday, my DH went with a group of 20 from the Prairie Cycle Club on an all-day wind ride. They hired a school bus and a driver to take them 112 miles west of our town, then as the wind was blowing 20-25 mph from the west, they rode home, propelled somewhat by the wind.

DH was really tired when he got in, but I knew he had accomplished something he wanted to do this year: his first century ride. He had a really good time and met some new people who share his passion for cycling.

You and I will remember this together, but you get the medal for pushing the envelope and seeing what you can do positive for your body and mental well-being.

Congrats, dear, for this milestone in your life.

1 Comments:

  • Benny -
    That is quite an accomplishment. I'm glad they had the wind at their backs. My brother-in-law runs the NYC marathon, and I am always impressed with his tenacity and commitment to running and being (and beating) his personal best. Please give your DH my congratulations! He's an inspiration. I just may get up from this computer chair.... ;)

    By Blogger Jude Nagurney Camwell, at 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home