Benny's World

Sunday, December 25, 2005

QE II Delivers Interesting Xmas Message

Note to my readers: I have re-worded the last paragraph.

From Yahoo/AP News:

LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II delivered a somber Christmas message Sunday, remembering those who lost loved ones in last year's Asian tsunami and the transit bombings that shook London's security.

"The day after my last Christmas message was broadcast, the world experienced one of the worst natural disasters ever recorded," she said, referring to the tsunami that crashed into coastlines from Asia to Africa a year ago, leaving some 216,000 people dead or missing.

The Dec. 26 tsunami ushered in a year of hurricanes that devastated New Orleans and pounded the Caribbean and an earthquake that killed tens of thousands in Pakistan and India.

"As if these disasters were not bad enough, I have sometimes thought that humanity seemed to have turned on itself — with wars, civil disturbances and acts of brutal terrorism," the queen said in a pre-recorded message in Buckingham Palace Chapel.

Read the rest here.

What you don't see in the lead paragraphs here that in addition that the whole Royal family got together, attended services, and appears they are trying to get along.

My hope for the next year is with an initiative my spouse and I are considering with my mother that perhaps we will be taking a leadership position within my family. But it does have to do with poverty and being better caregivers, when others who have so much are too enveloped into their own lives. For now, it's only dialog and no decisions, but it could be a very dramatic, perhaps positive change in my family.

1 Comments:

  • Benny,
    good for you and your spouse. So often in blog world we fret about the state of the world without trying to do much about it ourselves. I'm glad you're committed to keeping a balance.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home