Benny's World

Friday, February 03, 2006

American View Point--and Not Religious

I guess the Danish Press have most Muslims riled at the moment over a cartoon that illustrated their prophet (or God) with a lighted explosive extension. While that was printed in poor taste, I guess I am accustomed to poor taste in the press, and I favor it over a suppressed press. I am not certain it was intended to be hate speech.

Once in awhile, I lurk at the freeper sites, and I see some conservative view points. Today, in light of this issue, I went to one and found a commentary by Bill Buckley of the National Review. Most of the time, I disagree with Mr. Buckley, but occasionally, we find some common ground, such as he believes in the legalization of drugs (or at least decriminalization). His post today is one of those instances on the topic of the offensive cartoon, and I'm certain it's because I am not particularly religious, and I support American principles of free speech and press.

Click here to read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home