Benny's World

Friday, October 06, 2006

WSJ Best Seller



Saving Graces by Elizabeth Edwards is number #3 for non-fiction.

It's number 17 overall on USA Today's list.

Nice review of the book on the Charlotte Observer site today. Elizabeth will be doing a book reading and signing there next Wednesday.

Nice CJ piece by Kristin of Candy Sandwich blog on the DC gig. I was moved by the following paragraphs:

"Instead, I stood, smiled inanely and thanked her a half dozen times. I think I shook her hand. I laughed and bent down for a picture after she pointed at number 60 and said, "Don't you want to get closer so your friend can take a picture?"

I thanked her again and number 60, my new friend, took my place at the table offering up her book and her story, the loss of her own son. She passed along the CD, Eva Cassidy, Songbird, that helped her in her grief. They posed for a picture but the picture wouldn't take. I almost cried and then I offered to take one with my own. Elizabeth Edwards offered to take a picture on her own camera as well, "We'll send you a copy."


Elizabeth and John are on Rocketboom.

Update, October 7: My buddy Machka of Southern Hope blog posted the CNN American Morning interview of Elizabeth from earlier this week. Click here to get to that vlog.

Another article about Elizabeth's book from the McClatchy papers, written by Jeri Krentz. Well done.

Tags: Elizabeth Edwards, Saving Graces, Southern Hope, Benny's World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home