Benny's World

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Blogroll Amnesty Weekend

I haven't quite put my finger on what Skippy or others are pushing when it comes to blogroll amnesty, but I guess it is giving shout outs to others that we don't notice very often, or at least that is the approach Taylor Marsh has taken. Skippy is one of them. One other post today is by Tom Rinaldo, a former blogger for Wes Clark. Tom and I used to spar over at the DU, but once it became clear that Clark wasn't running again, we began to read each other's stuff more often. We met at Yearly Kos, and it was very nice to meet him. Candidly, his appearance took me by surprise, as he looks as though he never left Haight-Ashbury from 1967; I expected him to look more like a military person. That taught me a very important lesson about stereotyping.

Along that same line, I wanted to thank Taylor Marsh and her readers for not trying to change my mind in switching candidates, but to participate in the conversation as I choose. That shows class.

Over at the Daily Kos and MyDD, it has gotten to be pathetic. The Obama supporters in particular are demanding that Edwards endorse someone, and some in both camps, but mainly Obama's, have ridiculed and tried to intimidate Edwards supporters by saying their vote for him in upcoming primaries is waste of time. I find it ironic considering how many complaints there were about candidate support diaries, especially about Edwards, and now, no one is complaining about the remaining candidates, most especially Obama.

Our democracy belongs to us, it does not belong to the media nor to the Internet, albeit I trust the Internet more because folks like Taylor, Chris Bowers (Open Left), and yes, even a little blogger like me are driving the conversation. My blog has been shown on TV and because of my blog, I was asked to participate on the BBC Radio' World Have Your Say.

I've noticed that all of the remaining candidates have not endorsed anyone, although my guess is that Bill Clinton will be seeking Bill Richardson's this afternoon while they are watching the Super Bowl. I prefer none of them do. Clinton and Obama will have to earn our votes, albeit, I'm not likely to vote for either one. But I know Edwards supporters who will look at both candidates more closely at the convention.

Thanks again, Taylor, for the shoutout you gave to my blog this week. And to other bloggers, I ask that you give me and my fellow supporters time to heal before asking for our votes. Only the candidates can convince them. I drew my line in the sand a long time ago.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Losing Edwards was a hard one for a lot of people, Benny. I respect whatever choice you make, including not to switch at all.

    Edwards is a patriot. Nothing can change that fact.

    By Blogger Taylor Marsh, at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home