Benny's World

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Al Gore, Sorry I Missed You

I have to hand it to Gina Cooper and Markos for keeping Al Gore's visit a mystery until a few minutes before it broke in the media via Twitter. Here's the video of the surprise and the standing O Gore got., courtesy of Goodboydc:



Aparently when he went in, when raising Nancy Pelosi's hand in unity, he said he was very much at home with the group already. I was totally unaware of any of the news since I was with company.

Last night, I awoke around 1:30, flipped on C-SPAN, and there was Al Gore, speaking to the Netroots Nation bloggers. I was impressed. Here is another YT of his remarks to the group, courtesy of fellow Edwards supporter Mooncat.

Part 1



Part 2



Nancy Pelosi is another story. She was well spoken at the Conference, but I still find her demeanor disingenuous. Authenicity matters, and I think that's why I'm still an Edwards supporter, but an Al Gore one too. If only...well, maybe Edwards will find Gore to be a good model for his poverty work.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home