Benny's World

Monday, April 27, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays Don't Always Get Me Down

But, I keep getting these e-mails from floral companies about sending flowers on Mother's Day. I don't have a momma anymore.

If I weren't going to be away that day, I would be tempted to do some community work. But alas, I'm out of town that day. And I still think it will be a challenging day for me.

BW readers, I'd be interested in any ideas on how to celebrate Mother's Day gracefully the first year or two when you don't have your mother to talk to anymore.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger JoAnnCr, at 7:50 AM  

  • There will always be a little sadness with each holiday. I won't say Mother's Day is even the worst. It is part of grieving to feel the sadness and the missing on those special days. When you are ready, I have found it helps to do my spiritual practice, be with friends who make me happy, and help someone else. It will get better.--Jo Ann

    By Blogger JoAnnCr, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home