Benny's World

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Star of the White House


I must say that while it is nice that we have a Democrat in the White House, the brightest star belongs to Michelle Obama. She is someone that I completely underestimated in her ability to campaign and enjoy the job of being First Lady.

But not only is Mrs. Obama good at her job, she has taken a unique position in being first mentor to the children in DC and is a role model for everyone. When she spoke of her travels to Europe recently, she said that all of the world leaders were very impressed with the idea of a White House victory garden. I tend to agree. Sustainability is important, both in terms of health but in economics too. I'm inclined to plant something this year in my yard.

Today is the Easter Egg Roll, and it's clear that Mrs. Obama really tried to think of it as a true kid's event. Malia and Sasha Obama bring much needed youthfulness to the White House, and I'm glad to see that the Obamas in general remind everyone the White House is the people's White House first.

I think Elizabeth Edwards was right about Michelle: she keeps our President grounded.

Benny's World salutes Michelle Obama, First Lady, First Mom, and First Mentor.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • I agree, Bennae. Michelle sparkles and shines. I'm proud and happy to call her First Lady.

    By Blogger Jude Nagurney Camwell, at 8:57 AM  

  • I like the Eco message of Mrs. Obama very much.

    It's nice to feel good about the WH again. Mrs. Bush was an OK FL, and she did bring a book festival to DC, but I didn't see her as much as we already have with Mrs. Obama.

    By Blogger benny06, at 9:34 AM  

  • Great story, Michelle is a star as well as the darling little ones. I wish I would have made an attempt to go and see both Michelle and Obama when they were here in Iowa.

    By Blogger IM4JRE, at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home