Benny's World

Friday, December 24, 2004

All Through the Night

I'm listening to Shawn Colvin's Holiday Songs and Lullabies on CD. The song playing as I type is "All Through the Night".

I was thinking about how this is little Jack Edwards' magic year for Santa. About twenty-something years I ago, my first born niece was Jack's age, four. My brother had a little audio story book by Disney of "A Visit from St. Nicholas", and it had a nice ring (such as you hear on Yahoo IM when you've stepped away from the chat) to indicate to turn the page. An illustrated book came with it to read along.

The fire was blazing away and only the Christmas lights were on as we gathered around in the family room. With each turn of the page, my niece got more excited about Santa coming. She was totally enthralled by the narrator and the visual of the possibility of Rudolph and the other 11 flying by to drop her off a special present. I'm not certain who had more of a challenge to get to sleep, her or my mother.

I'm glad that JRE and EAE are with their children, relaxing, not having to worry about the house on Naval Observatory Dr. It's a night for family and friends. I'm certain Jack and Emma Claire will feel it is a special night. The joy on a child's is only matched by a lonely person in a nursing home when s/he receives a visit from a loved one. Many rely on nursing staff as their extended family.

Merry Xmas to the Edwards' family, but especially to our women and men domestically and in harms way, who are available all through the night, 24 X 7. This includes moderators and admins of my favorite blogs.

Merry Xmas to my friends. I love them and cherish their friendships.

Merry Xmas to my spouse and our 4 legged critters. We love them a lot, and we are here through the night with them.

Blessings and chestnuts for all....and a cookie for Santa, who is also up all through this night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home