Benny's World

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Holy S**t Batman: The Dreaded P Word

I heard Bush use the term "poverty" a few times times in his speech to the UN today. Actually, I just checked the WH site. It was 10 times. That's 10 more than he's said in 5 years.

My goodness...wonder how many times he had to practice saying that word? Bush is definitely in trouble, and Karl Rove knows it.

That aside, I like the idea of debt forgiveness and having grants instead for developing nations that he proposed in his speech. Developing countries cannot pay back debt if they want to get out of poverty.

It would be too pragmatic if Republicans revisited that concept here, but I keep hoping Rep. John Conyers will keep pushing for revising the bankruptcy bill.



I love Rep. Conyers. I wish he were my congressman from Illinois instead of the one I have! Lucky Ohio!

2 Comments:

  • John Edwards was here in Tampa 3 times and I went each time. Saw him at the Florida Democratic convention, too. He burns with commitment. He is the one I am backing for 2008.

    By Blogger Librarian, at 6:15 PM  

  • Thanks for the comment. Since JRE is likely to visit you before Central Illinois, feel free to post any events where you see him.

    B

    By Blogger benny06, at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home