Benny's World

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Ever Feel Like You've Met Someone Thru Music?

I was reading Iddybud's blog yesterday about goin' to Carolina in her mind, taken from James Taylor. I felt like I wanted to go too. Twice I have interviewed in the Triangle and couldn't find the right job.

I posted on her blog lyrics to song that I really love by Mary-Chapin Carpenter entitled"I am a Town." It's an overlooked gem in Chapin Carpenter's portfolio. AnonyMoses, who lives in Charlotte and is one of Iddybud's dear friends, mentioned he liked that song and invited me to visit. Iddybud likes that tune as well. It's not the first time that the three of us have connected via music, either on the OAC blog or Iddybud's. We seem to like the same artists. And through music, I have this gut feeling I know AnonyMoses and Iddybud, even though I've not met them.

I also feel like I've met Chancelucky through music. He is the only person who noticed that I saw Dave Matthews and the CSO in a 6 month time period. My taste in music is pretty catholic, but I confess I don't listen to a lot of new artists anymore unless they are folk, C/W, or jazz. I do like classical, and so does my spouse. When we attend classical music events, we always have such a wonderful time, and I guess I feel connected more to my spouse afterwards, especially if it's music I'm hearing for the first time, and getting to know conductor's styles.

Today, someone on JREG turned me on to a song by Pink--that's on Youtube. They express my feelings precisely about this President.

Music is a universal language, and my life is enriched by it. And through it, I make connections.

1 Comments:

  • I know what you mean about the connections that music can create between people, Benny. I'll be sure to check out the Pink 'song.
    I didn't know Chancelucky was a DMB fan. He's another one of my favorites. I've seen them (and Dave solo) several times. Lately, I'm loving Bruce Spingsteen's newest Pete Seeger/folk music covers. It's fantastic...and it comes with a DVD showing some of the studio sessions. Speaking of music, I have to go...getting ready to sing at 5:10 mass at the Cathedral today in the 'Cuse.

    By Blogger Jude Nagurney Camwell, at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home