Benny's World

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Dear MoveOn.Org

I have received many e-mails from you in the past 2 weeks. You even asked John Edwards to say a word on your behalf to make phone calls for candidates NOT in my district.

Sorry MoveOn. You did nothing to support David Gill. The DCCC would not help him, even though Gill has a 52% name recognition. He is one a handful of doctors running for a national office in order to help get universal health care as our current system is broken.

Only Russ Feingold was kind enough to give Gill some money.

As two women said at the Champaign County Democratic booth today, we want MoveOn to move on.





You go Gill!

I'll be working on your behalf Monday night to GOTV.






Tags: MoveOn.org, 2006 Congressional Races, David Gill, IL-15 District, benny's world

4 Comments:

  • I agree with you that MoveOn.org should move on. It is a liability to the Democratic Party.

    There is a huge scandal about its Action Forum serving as a platform for racist, anti-Semitic, anti-Catholic, and anti-Evangelical hate speech. When I say "anti-Semitic," I do not mean criticism of Israel or Zionism but statements about Jews, including a blood libel. When I say "anti-Catholic," I do not mean pro-choice but, for example, calling the Pope a Nazi.

    No self-respecting Democrat would associate with MoveOn.org if they knew what it was really doing.

    By Blogger Winged Hussar 1683, at 9:29 AM  

  • Thanks for the information.

    They have done some good, but to me they working too much in consort with the DCCC. The groups are working to help mainly suburban candidates, with the exception of Larry Kissel, and not rural districts like mine.

    Feel free to come back and visit.

    By Blogger benny06, at 9:35 AM  

  • I hope you remember Russ Feingold's support for David Gill when it comes time for presidential primary elections in 2008. Russ Feingold is the kind of Democrat we need in the White House.

    By Blogger 24thIndependent, at 1:02 PM  

  • Hi 24 Democrat..

    BW is pretty much a JRE supporter site, which means my support goes first to Edwards if he intends to run. But, if Feingold wins the nomination for the party, I would support him, or Edwards wins, I wouldn't mind a JRE/Feingold ticket.

    The hard part is yet to come..next 72 hours to see if Gill gets elected. Feingold sent out a really nice note about GOTV for Illinois candidates.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    By Blogger benny06, at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home