Benny's World

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tribe Blogocracy

Oliver Willis, whose site is linked here from BW and vice-versa, had been experimenting with Snap to show quick snapshots of the sites he linked for his posts. Robert Scoble uses this too.

Today Willis asked his readers whether to keep or ditch Snap. Most of us, including yours truly, advised him to ditch it. Previews are OK, but sometimes they get in the way, especially in small print, so I'd rather just click directly from the link.

He did.

That's listening to your readers.

JRE does that too on his site. Some guy on the Bivings Report gave a review of JohnEdwards.com, and while snarking Edwards for his youthful looks, complained about seeing one of the plans, on the issue of healthcare, on the homepage. What the reviewer didn't know is that is what the bloggers wanted and said so on Edwards blog. Of course, I had get my 2 comments in about that.

Unfortunately, since my technical skills are about 180 degrees from Willis, Scoble, or the webmasters at johnedwards.com, I cannot provide the same tribe blogocracy they can or will. But I appreciate those who do.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Benny,
    I started blogging almost two years ago. At the time, I knew nothing about how to set up and run a blog. It's one of the reasons I wound up on Blogger.

    The scary thing to me is that even though I've learned a great deal about setting up posts, etc. It's clear to me that there are now more things I don't know about the technical aspects of blogging than I didn't know back when I knew nothing.

    I think or at least hope that made sense.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 10:40 PM  

  • CL,

    I hear you. There's so many things that take time to learn, and frankly I want the Picard method: make it so.

    Thanks for stopping by.
    B

    By Blogger benny06, at 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home