Benny's World

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Hearts Day


Today I am reposting a song by Gershwin that was relatively unknown until I heard Nancy LaMott do it on a recording Jonathan Schwartz had stashed away. Luckily, it is now on CD!

To my spouse, and to the good friends I've made through the Edwards campaign, and to the Edwardses especially, this song is for you.

Ask Me Again
Who's the One I've Begun to Adore
Ask Me Again
Who's the partner my clamors for

Who is the one who has me tied in a bow tie know
So that I know not
Just where I'm at

Who is it makes my friends find
that I've a one track heart and mind?



Ask me again
Let me tell how I fell from the start
One Look and then
Couldn't govern the love in my heart

Who is it
I looked high and low
for whom I will care for my whole life through

Please ask me again, let me shout to the world--It's you--you!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Happy Hearts Day to you too, Benny.

    And to all Edwards supporters. Love makes the world go round and makes it a better place. May love be an expanding force in the world.

    Cheers.

    By Blogger ReneA, at 8:48 AM  

  • Happy Valentine's Day Darlin. To both of you.
    Love, Ed & Christian.

    By Blogger Ed (Predictor), at 9:18 AM  

  • Thanks Renea, Ed and Christian. I am working on making a pie for my sweetie! Hope y'all have a joyful day.

    Still wondering if JRE made heart shaped pancakes for EE and the kids.

    By Blogger benny06, at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home