Benny's World

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Anti-Hillary or Anti-Barack? Updated

Today I found out that Kate Michelman and David Mixner are moving over to Obama's camp. Maria Shriver has also joined in with Team Obama.

That sounds anti-Hillary to me.

But then there is my momma. I talked to her today and she said since Edwards was no longer campaigning and not likely to be viable or win, she is switching her vote to Hillary Clinton. She remarked that as she is going to be 77 in a couple of weeks, this may be the only time she gets to vote for a viable woman candidate. But she admits she doesn't trust Obama because he doesn't have enough experience and believes it's more about being a celebrity than being a good Democrat.

I have spoken with several Edwards supporters via e-mail, and only a couple of them have moved towards Obama. Two of them did vote for Clinton. The rest are considering either staying put until their primary (and voting for Edwards as I intend to do) or leaning towards Clinton because they are getting concerned that Obama will push further to the right. They also think the media is making too much of Obama's rhetoric.

I never thought of Clinton becoming an Anti-Barack candidate, but I think it's looking that way.

As for me, I don't have a dog or cat in the hunt after Feb 5th.

UPDATE: As I surmised would happen, Bill Richardson endorsed Clinton this afternoon.

UPDATE 2: Turns out what I read was premature on Bill R's part. There is not an endorsement, according to the Politico.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I'm leaning toward Hillary myself, Benny, now that Senator Edwards has suspended his campaign.

    By Blogger Jude Nagurney Camwell, at 5:01 PM  

  • Some folks are voting either way. Not me, but I understand why they would. Part of it for me is identity politics that Chris Bowers talks about at Open Left.

    By Blogger benny06, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home