Benny's World

Monday, April 07, 2008

Elizabeth Edwards Joins Center for American Progress

Former senator John Edwards (N.C.) remains on the political sidelines but that isn't stopping his wife, Elizabeth, from rejoining the fray as a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress.

Elizabeth Edwards will be dealing with health care issues at the progressive think tank founded by John Podesta, former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton. In her new role, Edwards, who has gained a considerable following in the liberal blogosphere thanks to her willingness to vocally oppose conservative politicos from Sen. John McCain to commentator Ann Coulter, will also be contributing to CAP's blog.

"As many can attest, I have an opinion on everything," Edwards said tonight about her new role. "But I am particularly concerned about the state of health care in America and I am grateful to CAP for giving me the chance to continue to advocate for universal and quality health care coverage for all."

Podesta, for his part, praised Elizabeth Edwards as one of the "most effective, tenacious, and caring spokespeople for progressive policies in the country."

There's more...

It turns out the source is Chris Cillizza of the Washington Post.

I will say, the Center of American Progress did little to help John Edwards and his agenda during the campaign, but maybe it has voters' remorse and this is one way to push the progressive agenda. Knowing EE, she wouldn't want me to complain. She would tell me to get back to work. :-)

I will be looking for the NPR clip as I heard she was on the program this morning.

Update: here's the NPR clip.

More buzz l8tr...

Update: she's supposed to blog on their Wonk Room. Can't find it but I expect it will show up at some point.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Consider the truism;

    "At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill disciplined, despotic, and useless. Liberalism is the philosophy of sniveling brats." - P.J. O'Rourke

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:56 PM  

  • I like PJ O'Rourke's humor, but I don't consider his writing the gospel either. Thus sayeth Benny.

    By Blogger benny06, at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home