Benny's World

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

David Cook: My Choice for the American Idol

I'm in shock...but I believed in David Cook for sometime, as I did in Jordan Sparks last year.

Congrats, David Cook. Rock on, dude! I'm looking for a CD from you to buy.

And congrats to the others...they were great too.

National Post article tells the story well.


Here's a great video of DC with ZZ Top:


Oh, I remember seeing ZZ 35 years ago. Sigh. A new rocker has won many of our hearts. And this song is very appropriate since it is from the Eliminator CD.

Update: a video of the winning moment and DC singing "This is the Time":



And when does one see Simon apologize and hug Paula too..classic moments.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Benny,
    Isn't having a CD part of the deal when you win Idol?

    I hope he does well. The last two winners haven't sold well, so I think expectations are more reasonable.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 4:16 PM  

  • I think so; it's a million dollar contract for the CD, and on Leno, I noticed he said he's already started working on it. He released "The Time of My Life" yesterday on Itunes and MySpace. Good choice to lead off a tour and CD with using the winning song of the songwriting competition. It's more melodic and will sell well.

    http://www.myspace.com/officialdavidcook

    I wondered if both had recorded that tune before the finals. I bet they did because Cook already knew it in the finale of the show.

    He and "Archie" are on Larry King tonight.

    By Blogger benny06, at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home