Benny's World

Monday, March 29, 2010

In Memory of Nell Smith, My Momma

The first image is of a commoner's medal--the Bronze for teamwork at the 2010 Olympics. She taught all of us, that we win when we compete together in serious competition. I appreciate that spirit.

My momma, Nell Smith died a year ago today. There was a song she wanted played at her funeral, but my siblings had no visible appreciation of old school gospel country songs. I found a video of Carrie Underwood's "How Great Thou Art" that I wish existed a year ago for Momma's funeral. Momma loved that song. She was a winner against the great odds, just didn't receive a great medallion.

So, in honor of my momma, I hope you appreciate Underwood's version of "How Great Thou Art." I'm not a bit religious, but I admire spiritual songs, and great modern inteprets thereof.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home