Benny's World

Thursday, December 30, 2004

SEA-EAT Blog

I just signed up for an RSS feed to a new blog called South-East Asia Earthquake and Tsunami blog, SEA-EAT for short. I stumbled across it as I was doing some searches in Google.

It has really good ideas for how people can contribute money, time, or other things. The most creative one I've seen thus far is donating airline mileage. Several airlines are permitting this, especially for children who need immediate medical help somewhere else.

I'm still looking for agencies that are rescuing animals, particular the ones on the wildlife habitats in Sri Lanka. From reading Christine Kenneally's piece on Slate.com today, I understand the animals were so intutive they sensed the tsunami coming and moved to higher ground. But many of their caretakers are lost, dead, or helping others. The animals are vulnerable to disease, lack of food and problems with access to water and will be competing with the humans who need it. I posted a query on the SEA-EAT blog about this; I'll keep you posted in what I learn.

May the Universe watch over all of the workers who are helping, with the hope that loved ones who are still looking for their families and friends will find them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home