Benny's World

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Good Night, and Good Luck

On Sunday, I saw the movie Good Night, and Good Luck. Of the best picture nominated films, in which I have viewed 4 of 5, I liked this one the most. Perhaps it is because the themes are universal and that history repeats itself about political ambitions that affect ordinary citizens. I was very impressed with David Strathairn's performance as the thoughtful orator, Edward R. Morrow. The language in the script alone is worth listening to (our public has become more crass), but yet, I felt a slight tension, which was good as well.

I will rent Crash though as I am very curious about it.

This year's movie crop was better. I'm not generally a movie goer, but this year has piqued my interest. The one that I thought was the best and got overlooked for Best Picture was Syrianna.

So to all, Good Night, and Good Luck.

2 Comments:

  • there were things I liked about Crash, but like a similar movie Grand Canyon, it felt a bit forced and contrived. The individual segments were interesting, I liked the bit with Matt Dillon and his father and Ryan Phillipe's trajectory.

    In the meantime, I'm curious about Good Night and Good Luck.

    btw, have you seen the Constant Gardener?

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 12:18 PM  

  • No, I have not seen the Constant Gardner. Do you have a review on your blog that readers of Benny's World has missed?

    I'm looking forward to Crash. Interesting that it's similar to GC in your view.

    By Blogger benny06, at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home