Benny's World

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Living With War

On my theme of music today, Neil Young's Living with War

It's so new that probably it won't be available online for long; I don't know if the link is legal or not--so that's my disclaimer.

Great album. Our northern neighbor cares a great deal about us. It's very much like "Ohio".

Neil Young has been inspirational in the sense that he also contributed his performances last year to raise money to give relief for the Katrina survivors. I loved it when he was the last one singing "Walkin' to New Orleans." I was so proud that he wanted NOLA to come back. He still does.

I'm listening to "America, the Beautiful". Awesome choral piece. Thank you, Neil. I am a little teary-eyed because I wish our President only cared as much about us as you do.

I doubt the sincerity of our current President, his administration, and our main stream media, which I think was the point what Stephen Colbert was saying in his stint last night at the WH Correspondents' Dinner.

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad to see that another musician is making a political statement. One thing I noticed during Cindy Sheehan's stay in Crawford was that while it was great that Joan Baez showed up, I wondered where all the younger musicians were.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 7:20 PM  

  • Pink has. Check out their video from the post below.

    By Blogger benny06, at 4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home