Benny's World

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Elizabeth Edwards Engages OAC Bloggers

This afternoon, I was on the new chat service that OAC Blog offers. I saw Elizabeth Edwards lurking and had hoped she would join us for a few minutes. My wish was fulfilled. I got to finally meet her through the Real-Time Discussion room. I'm still so thrilled that I can feel my heart working harder and I'm sweating a little.

Here's the text of the engagement:

jproano:
Hello Mrs. Edwards!!!

Elizabeth Edwards:
Actually, I am supposed to be preparing for a forum on the internet, not actually using the internet, so I can't stay long. But what a nice break!

Thread Opener:
hi Mrs. Edwards! Welcome

jproano:
It's very nice to talk with you- even briefly
benny has joined the conversation.

Elizabeth Edwards:
Thanks. This will be a great resource -- particularly when there is breaking news to discuss.

Thread Opener:
Benny, look who is here

benny:
Greetings!

benny:
Hello, Mrs. Edwards

benny:
Nice to see you here

jproano:
I had a dear friend tell me that JRE was great in Brussels. His speech on NATO was very well received.

16:50

benny:
I really like this chat room, Mrs. Edwards

Elizabeth Edwards:
"Greetings" is the message from Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut, wasn't it? The message that all the earth's history was designed to help convey.

Elizabeth Edwards:
Great news that he was well-received in Brussels. No surprise, of course, :>) but still good to hear.

benny:
The company who created this shares yours and your husband's vision of engagement

benny:
I forgot about Cat's Cradle..lol, been so long since I read it

jproano:
Yes. The whole blog is great. Best out there!

benny:
Mrs. Edwards, I did mention you in my tribute to my mother and all OAC moms here, btw

Im4JRE has joined the conversation.

Elizabeth Edwards:
We are really tickled with it. And we will all use it -- promise.

benny (to Im4JRE):
Hi Jackie

Elizabeth Edwards:
Happy Mother's Day back to everyone.

Elizabeth Edwards:
You won your bet, Jackie. I answered on the blog.

benny:
Mrs Edwards, my husband asked me to ask you a question, if you have time

Elizabeth Edwards:
Thanks, benny. Sure, ask away.

benny:
He wants to know if you and the Senator have ever listened to an artist named Nancy LaMott

16:55

Elizabeth Edwards:
I haven't but I know she sang the kind of music I like. She died, I think, a decade ago. How old was she?

benny:
You are correct, Mrs. Edwards, she died of ovarian cancer in 1996, at the age of 43; she was a caberet/standards singer. Her singing is very beautiful

Elizabeth Edwards:
Tell your husband I will order one of her CDs. And in return, he has to listen to Andrea Marcovicci.

benny:
My husband lost his first wife to breast cancer in 1997 and she was LaMott's age; that is why he pays attention to your outreach

Elizabeth Edwards:
I am so sorry.

benny:
My husband just said he has listened to Andrea Marcovicci on XM Radio 73, "Frank's Place"

benny:
Thank you for speaking out about your fight with the disease

17:00

Elizabeth Edwards:
It gives me such a sense of purpose to reach out.

Elizabeth Edwards:
Okay, back to work for me. "See" you all soon.

jproano:
ciao

Elizabeth Edwards has left the conversation.

JRE, you have a very inspiring spouse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home