Benny's World

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Yes, You Did

Today I was out with my spouse riding our tandem bike. It was very warm, but the skies were crystal clear, so we decided to go out on the Lincoln Grass Prairie Trail. Round-trip, it is about 25 miles. It seemed more though because most of it was made of crushed limestone, thus it was arduous at times to get through it.

Before our foray, I had set the DVR to record the McLaughlin Group, as I read that the Yearly Kos was one of the features of their special show on the rise of political reporting via blogging. Six and half hours later, I got an e-mail saying that my blog was on the show. Did you see me? Sure enough, I sat down to review the recording, and OMG, there I was, typing on this blog, about the Yearly Kos. Now unfortunately, I haven't a frickin' clue how to transfer the recording digitally and upload it on Youtube. Yeah, I should have taken a class on this at YK, :-). But I can assure you, it was a snapshot of me of showing the NBC Crew (who took the footage) of this post:

Junkie Political Heaven

Next shot is of the Drudge Report (yuck), but at least there isn't any overlay of writing on the shot of Benny's World, as there was of Drudge's. Of course, he does his for a living; I do not. He will rack up the cash and laugh all of the way to the bank on Tuesday. I get just sheer joy for a few seconds.

I had to go back in and clear away a few more things, so I didn't see the rest of the show for quite awhile. But both DH and I re-ran the recording to see it in its entirety. And within 2-3 minutes this shot was seen:

Quick Post from JRE Booth

Except the content box is empty. I was about to type my post.

I read the video may be up in a few days. If it is, you'll see it first thing here as it's probably not an interesting enough clip to be on other blogs.

Cheers to McLaughlin Group for showing the growing democracy of the blogosphere. I'm proud in both instances a non-A List blogger's blog got shown on McLaughlin's show, and that both it as well as I were promoting my candidate for President, John Edwards or JRE. One can see the display of JRE logos in the background in the first clip.

But as Elizabeth Edwards would say, "Thanks...Now Get Back to Work!" You're right, Mrs. Edwards. Long campaign yet ahead.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Becky:

    Congratulations on the media coverage. I know that must feel good. Keep up your excellent blogging.

    George

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:05 AM  

  • Very Cool, Benny!

    You're a star!!

    By Blogger TomP, at 9:21 AM  

  • You're on my A-list!

    By Blogger edgery, at 9:28 AM  

  • Benny,
    that's very cool. Must have been fun to see your blog on tv.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 2:13 PM  

  • Thanks all! Still looking for the video. And yes, it was a trip to see it on TV!

    By Blogger benny06, at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home