Benny's World

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

American Idol Fans are Nuts

The bottom two tonight were the best last week: Carly and Syesha. They are being ripped off.

Carly went home in a high note, but I find it ironic that she was voted out on "Jesus Christ Superstar."

Here's Carly's performance:





Jason and Brooke should have been voted the weakest, but as Simon sez, they are "charming" and appeared more human.

Update: David Cook, who surprised me with his training in theatrical music, but it shines here:



I hope he wins.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • to be fair, fans are told to just vote for whomever they want to stay on the show.

    I did think that Carly was quite good Tuesday night and even better on Wednesday. If she'd shown more of that relaxed personality and style earlier, she'd be hanging out with Neal Diamond next week.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 6:05 PM  

  • I think the fans were a bit prejudice against Carly's over body ink..on her as well as her husband. They were fascinated with it, but the more I think about it, they didn't think it gelled with JCSP song. Lord ALW had a bit of an issue with it. Yet many in Jesus's time were unsightly looking and those are the ones who were passionate for his legacy or died.

    I'm disappointed as I would liked to have seen Carly peform "Salvation Show", if that is what she would have chosen. Otherwise, I think it is going to be more difficult for the women to do Diamond songs in contrast to Lord ALW's tunes that were written mainly for women.

    By Blogger benny06, at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home