Happy Birthday, John Edwards
And here's his favorite pie recipe by his momma:
Bobbie Edwards' Pecan Pie
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar (pack down)
2 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons milk or cream
1 stick margarine or butter (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 unbaked pie shell (9")
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix and pour ingredients into 9" unbaked pie shell.
3. Place on cookie sheet.
4. Put in oven and bake 20 mins.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 275.
6. Bake for approx. 20 mins. longer.
7. Center should be slightly soft - check pie during last 10 minutes of baking.
Pic below is the last one I had made with him. I'm to his right, but in the pic, it appears left.
My Left Wing is honoring John Edwards today as well.
Check out this cool website that also tells you about the days of the year and historic events.