Benny's World

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Hippy Dippy Weatherman is Gone

I just got an e-alert from the NYT that George Carlin has crossed the divide. He was 71 years young.

I remember Carlin for his biting and controversial commentary, but most of it was clever play on words. Of course, most remember him for the "7 Words One Can Never Say on Television", which I had forgotten invoked a SCOTUS case.

However I think I will remember him best as Al Sleet, the Hippy Dippy Weatherman.

" The weather was dominated by a large Canadian low, which is not to be confused with a Mexican high. Tonight’s forecast . . . dark, continued mostly dark tonight turning to widely scattered light in the morning.”

Link to YT clip by CappyNJ

Today's forecast is dark.

George Carlin, RIP.

(photo courtesy of Daylife)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home