Benny's World

Monday, November 03, 2008

Being in Lubbock

It's 4:30 AM in Lubbock on the Monday after, and the world is revolving around the Texas Tech Raiders, who were victorious over the Long-horn-Bevos. Yeah, BW readers can tell from my snark: Bevo got BBQ'd Sat night, and that was fine with me. "Bevo can bite my a$$" as the sayin' goes from college days.

Why the snark? I remember when Daryl Royal and his ILK marched into then Jones Stadium and slaughtered our Red Raiders over and over. Bevo was brought in a decade later and deficated in the field. What snobbery!

Tech is now number 2 or 3 in the polls. And I will tell you Daryl Royal, "How sweet... it... is."

BURNT ORANGE, baby.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Texas Tech has been one of the most entertaining teams to watch in college football for the last few years. They throw for like 600 years/game and run all these strange looking plays....and while I'm here Go Obama Biden!

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 7:31 AM  

  • Hi CL--yep, it's the day. I'm typing this comment in the only blue neighborhood in a bright red city. Funny to see those 527's running hate ads against Obama. The local candidates running have the funniest ads. I just have to laugh at it.

    I hope Obama/Biden don't have to stay up past 1 tonight, but it could be a long night if Colorado and VA swing back to McPalin.

    By Blogger benny06, at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home