Benny's World

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Picks Tonight


Nate Silver is probably correct about the Oscar picks.

Here are mine, with in parenthesis which ones I think should win, but may not:

Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger (Philip Seymour Hoffman)
Supporting Actress: Taraji P. Henson (Viola Davis)
Lead Actor: Sean Penn (Senn Penn or Mickey Rourke)
Lead Actress: Kate Winslet (she or Meryl Streep are fine choices, but I think Winslet should have nominated for Revolutionary Road; the Reader is more of a Supporting role)
Best Director: Danny Boyle (Danny Boyle)
Best Song: Down to Earth (Down to Earth)
Original Screenplay: En Bruges (Milk)
Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire (Slumdog Millionaire)
Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire (Slumdog Millionaire)

Oversights for nominations:

Gran Torino for Best Picture
Clint Eastwood for Lead Actor (Grand Torino)
David Kross for Lead Actor (The Reader)
Ralph Fiennes for Supporting Actor (The Reader)
Bruce Springsteen, "The Wrestler" for Best Song
John Patrick Stanley for Best Director (Doubt)
Nick Schenk, Original Screenplay (Grand Torino)

We'll see how close it is.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Update: I did pretty well

    Most of my pics won.

    By Blogger benny06, at 8:57 PM  

  • yes, I was noticing....you only missed supporting actress among the major awards I think.

    I have no idea, we wait for DVD with most movies which usually means I haven't seen any of them at Oscar time.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 10:24 PM  

  • I had hoped Milk would win original screenplay, but didn't know if it would, but I didn't predict it. I was totally off the mark on the Best Song category though.

    And I think Cruz was a surprise to many.

    By Blogger benny06, at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home