Benny's World

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Unite Here Campaign for Hotel Workers

JRE is on another campaign--to help empower Hotel Workers to form their own SEIU shop. I was surprised to find out that hotel workers in Chicago made only $11.75. Not good, but better than someone at McD's drive-in, but I will have to double check.

Anyway, JRE's working with Danny Glover on this one. And I hear George Clooney never stays at a hotel that has a picket going.

Check out the NYT article about the SF event.

Update-- listen to JRE's audioblog about the campaign: http://blog.oneamericacommittee.com/audioblog and JRE's Op-Ed in the Boston Globe today--2/17

Picture taken from ad on DU.
Update 2/19: more photos of the SF event. Glover's presence is so awesome.


And one more pic, taken by an OAC supporter, Serb Hall...from the Chicago Rally

I really like this man's politics..and causes..

1 Comments:

  • I remember staying in Chicago about 7 years ago and I simply booked through the net for what I thought was the least expensive hotel downtown. Nothing about the place was right including the fact that they didn't seem to have hot running water. The next morning I wandered out and there were pickets and a giant inflatable rat.
    I found another place the next morning, but I do know one place I'd never stay again there.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home