Benny's World

Monday, April 02, 2007

Elizabeth Edwards is Great

If John Edwards wins the POTUS, his spouse, Elizabeth Edwards is interested in doing her own thing.

[E]Edwards says the first lady has a "great big megaphone and you get to talk about things you care about and I hope I'd be busy doing that and mothering my adorable children as opposed to sitting in Cabinet meetings."Read the rest here and she will be on Nightline too.

Update: good multimedia diary by Be Inspired on the Daily Kos that links the Edwardses and the need for universal health care for all.

Also, I heard from a little birdy that Elizabeth will be on Oprah's show on Friday, but it is taping tomorrow from Davenport, IA.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Good info about EE:

    Elizabeth Edwards Gets Some Good News

    Filed at 10:13 p.m. ET

    CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) -- Elizabeth Edwards said Tuesday that she got some good news: She has a type of cancer that is more likely to be controlled by anti-estrogen drugs.

    Mrs. Edwards, wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, expressed frustration with reports that she's likely to die within five years. She said doctors can't give her a reliable life expectancy and even if they could, the information would be of no comfort to her.

    ''I don't care,'' she said in an interview with The Associated Press as she campaigned with her husband. ''I'm going to fight exactly as hard if they tell me that I've got 15 years or if I've got 30 years. I'm still going to fight to get rid of this -- if they tell me I've got 15 minutes I'm still going to fight. It doesn't matter what the prognosis is. So it's not an important piece of information to me.''

    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Elizabeth-Edwards.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

    By Blogger benny06, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home