Benny's World

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Man or Woman Blogger?

Yesterday, I was lurking at Progressive Blue and in particular, I read Desmoinesdem's diary about Gender Analyzer with great interest. Gender Analyzer is a website that with some algorithms is supposed to tell you the gender of the main blogger of a blog.

I decided to put Benny's World in the box. This was my result:

We think http://bennycat.blogspot.com is written by a man (73%).

If you read other results for as Iddybudjournal and Lefty Lane, GA also says that they are written by men.

I decided to put in Chancelucky's addy and this is the result I got:

We guess http://chancelucky.blogspot.com is written by a woman (59%), however it's quite gender neutral.


Chancelucky should be proud. The blog gets put into the SNL category of "Pat".

Looks like the AI experts at Gender Analyzer have some tweaking to do.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Yikes! Though a lot of my movie reviews are movies that mostly women watch and I suppose the Bachelor reviews don't help.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 11:11 PM  

  • CL, you may be right, but I think Lucky is a semi-ladies' handle, similar to "Lucky Lady" or "Lady Luck." Chance just happens to be in front of "lucky."

    GA cracks me up in general about their AI agent. Guess it is artificial at best, but at least it gives us a few smiles and fodder.

    Happy T-Giving.

    By Blogger benny06, at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home