Benny's World

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Don't Divorce My Friends


"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.

Too many people want to be married anywhere in the US. Let's give everyone that love and legal freedom I have. I have that right as a heterosexual and married person.

Today kicks off 2009 Freedom to Marry Week. You'll be hearing more from BW. If you have a FB account, please add your voice to this cause. I believe in equality in general, but we have start somewhere--and with me, it started with ERA in the 1970's.

It's called being a progressive, which I am.

Harvey Milk said, "My name is Harvey Milk and I'm Here to Recruit You."



In this decade and for this century--and more--I'm here to recruit anyone to espouse legal rights for marriage to anyone who is 18 or over and wants to commit freely. No state, especially by vote, has the right to take away my friends' love and commitment to one another.

Yeah, I'm into family values in that sense.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Posted that divorce video in C&J, folks were very appreciative. They're doing a better job selling marriage equality since Prop 8 lost than they did before the election, in my opinion.

    By Blogger GLBT and Friends, at 12:57 PM  

  • Guy Van Sant (director of Milk) has said that he believes Milk may have swayed the vote on Prop 8 if the film had been rushed to showing, but he felt strongly that the editing and finishing touches were important in having a quality movie.

    By Blogger benny06, at 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home