Benny's World

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Remarkable Afternoon

This afternoon, Mr. Benny and I went to get the new Iphone. We had lunch, then he was trying to drop me off. We paused on the street, and I had to get stuff out of the back seat. A bus was trying to turn, and we were in its way. Driver was obnoxious and couldn't wait, kept honking the horn. Without thinking, Mr. Benny moved the car forward a little with door still open, and the car ran over my left pinky toes. I was shaken so badly by the experience. I yelled some expletives at him, got the stuff out and off he went.

I was able to walk to my office, and had a student get ice to ice it down. As I was shaking so bad, I asked her put the casing and shield on the phone while I checked e-mail. About 45 min later, Mr. Benny took me to the clinic and after waiting for 1.5 hours, including x-ray time, it turns out that I had only a bruise. Dodged a bullet.

While I was waiting in the clinic, I accessed personal account e-mail and read some of my friends' messages. Through their links, I connected to the DK and read the diaries. Read the news today too.

Simply amazing.



Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • Ouch! Sorry about your toes! Hope all is well. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:28 PM  

  • thanks, WfH that I am blessed at the moment.

    By Blogger benny06, at 8:29 PM  

  • I hope you are feeling better! It should cheer you (and many others up) to know Palin is stepping down as the Governor of Alaska. She just wrapped up her political career with a nice big bow. Can't you just imagine her running for President in 2012 and facing questions about whether she'll quit if it gets too tough or comics make fun of her? Anyway, it's a good day for America.

    Happy Birthday to Elizabeth Edwards, too. Many happy returns for today and years to come! Thanks for all you've done and continue to do on behalf of those in need of adequate health care. I hope you had some fun on your day, too.

    By Blogger indyvoter, at 1:19 PM  

  • Thanks, Indyvoter. yes, the Hockey Mom is having a difficult time governing. Thinks she's comparable to Obama. Not.

    And I did make a separate post about EE's birthday. I sure admire her work as an advocate for health care reform.

    By Blogger benny06, at 1:45 PM  

  • Oh, one other point about Sarah Palin, ht to capitol Fax Blog:

    JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) -- The National Society of Newspaper Columnists chose Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the winner of its annual Sitting Duck Award, a tongue-in-cheek honor that pokes fun at the most ridiculed newsmakers in the United States.

    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PALIN_DUBIOUS_HONOR?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

    Pretty bad.

    Palin beat out Democrat Rod Blagojevich, the ousted former governor of Illinois allegedly caught trying to sell President Barack Obama's Senate seat.

    By Blogger benny06, at 1:55 PM  

  • She does seem to invite ridicule, some deserved and some not, but that's life in the public eye and especially in politics. Tina Fey's impressions were so hilarious because much of it was verbatim from actual Palin interviews and comments. Even the mannerisms were real - remember the winking debate. (The SNL clips would have been replayed and passed around during any future campaigns.)

    Now the speculation begins if there is some devastating news to come or if she is just fed up with politics. Whatever the truth may be, I suspect money is part of the decision. They aren't wealthy people and she has an opportunity to make some significant amounts now. That's fine as long as she realizes some of the choices (talk or reality shows) may preclude a comeback later - if she hasn't killed the possibility with this decision.

    By Blogger indyvoter, at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home