Benny's World

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Dry Rub: Eliabeth Edwards Gets Some Good News

Filed at 10:13 p.m. ET

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) -- Elizabeth Edwards said Tuesday that she got some good news: She has a type of cancer that is more likely to be controlled by anti-estrogen drugs.

Mrs. Edwards, wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, expressed frustration with reports that she's likely to die within five years. She said doctors can't give her a reliable life expectancy and even if they could, the information would be of no comfort to her.

''I don't care,'' she said in an interview with The Associated Press as she campaigned with her husband. ''I'm going to fight exactly as hard if they tell me that I've got 15 years or if I've got 30 years. I'm still going to fight to get rid of this -- if they tell me I've got 15 minutes I'm still going to fight. It doesn't matter what the prognosis is. So it's not an important piece of information to me.''

The Edwardses announced nearly two weeks ago that her breast cancer had returned and spread to her bone. They said they had no intention of ending his bid because doctors told her that although she's likely to die from the disease eventually, the campaign wouldn't interfere with her treatment.

Backbone. Love her and her hubby, they are worthy of the WH.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Go Elizabeth and John.

    Glad to hear the good news.

    By Blogger Chancelucky, at 10:50 PM  

  • I just read your comment on the Cedar Rapids appearance on the Edwards site. I'm concerned that while Obama and Hillary get lots of coverage in the media, the Edwards campaign--the most visionary--gets too little. I think it's time to start writing letters to the editor to complain about this editorial imbalance. If the letters don't get published, as mine often don't, send them to Rejected Letters to the Editor (http://www.rejectedletterstotheeditor.com). Let's expand the number of voices being heard.



    Archie Bishop
    277 West End Avenue
    New York, NY 10023

    By Blogger LockeMonda, at 12:03 PM  

  • See the updates by TomP on the Daily Kos.

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/4/4/202455/4156

    By Blogger benny06, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home